Later this week, I’ll be back to posting my usual updates filled with photos and stories of my awesome clients, but for today I have a really important update on how Moment.us will be operating from now until February 2015.
I’m so thrilled to have been presented with incredible opportunities to shoot family sessions and a wedding abroad over the course of this winter, so I will be combining work and play from November 26th until February 12th. If you’d like to know what’s up, here’s the breakdown of our time away: late-November through to Christmas Eve will see Rich and I travel to South Africa for a couple of family sessions on either end of travels through Rwanda, the DRC, and Uganda. This is a bit of “bucket list” trip, so I’m more than a little stoked about visiting Rwanda and making a very brief detour into the DRC for a gorilla trek. We’ll be joining Rich’s family in Wales for Christmas and then heading to Hong Kong and the Philippines for a little over 2 weeks. Our final two legs of the trip will be a week with a very dear friend of mine and her family in Australia and then the main event: a wedding in New Zealand!
So what does this mean for you? A few things:
- Orders from portrait sessions that take place before October 20 must be placed by November 1st so that I can process them and have them ready for you to collect
- Orders from sessions taking place after Oct 20 should be placed within one week of receiving your gallery if you’d like to receive your prints before March
- Wedding album and thank you card image choices must be made by Sept 30 and proofing must be finalised by October 20 – fall wedding clients will be on a different timeline and will be notified of deadlines
- I will still be taking maternity clients and newborn package clients right up until I leave. If your due date is between November 26 and January 25, 2015, I will offer to refer you to another photographer for your newborn session; you will still have the option of doing a three-session package with me to cover maternity, 8 months, and one year. If you are interested in a lifestyle infant session, then you can still do the entire package with me and we’ll capture your little one’s personality in your own home when I return (which is a ridiculously awesome option of capturing real life with a new baby, I might add).
- Last day of business for the studio will be November 24th (so that I have a chance to get my head around packing on the 25th – it’s a bit of a tricky one, backpack-wise!)
While the deadlines and details seem painful, the good news is that I’m taking more sessions than ever right now and putting in some extra-long hours to make my turnaround times as quick as artistically possible so that I can make sure that everyone who wants a session gets one before I go, even if it means that I’m dreaming about editing (for real – it’s happening).
If, like me, you’re a bit nuts and are already thinking about Christmas photos, my children’s Christmas minis will be taking place at the end of October, so stay tuned for that announcement!
I would love to chat with you via email, FaceTime or Skype at any point during my travels, so don’t hesitate to contact me, even though I’m away! In this regard, it is very much “business as usual” – I won’t be processing prints during my trip, but every other aspect of taking bookings and communicating with my clients will still remain the same, with the exception that I ask that prospective clients give me an extra day to get back to your requests for info, since I’m not entirely positive what our internet access will be like over the course of the trip. I will be prepping all sorts of online treats for you so that you’ll still be able to get an idea of lots of details to do with having me as your photographer, even though you won’t be able to physically access book samples until I return. Price lists, photos, contracts, and online payments will all be available for you to make the process nice and easy for both portrait and wedding clients.
The next two months promise to be exceptional busy and the two-and-a-half months after that promise to just be exceptional – messy and chaotic (see my re-packing efforts below), but exceptional. :) As with our 2013 travels, I’ll be aiming to blog throughout the trip, so if you’re not looking to book a session while I’m away, feel free to just stay tuned so that you can vicariously travel over a few continents! I hope you take the time to check out the blog during this time and enjoy seeing what my sidekick and I get up to. :)